Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Day One

Well, I've survived my first day - but it wasn't really a normal day!

This evening I sat outside the hall in Healesville for a while - just looking, thinking and praying. There was one thing that stood out for me - the hall isn't illuminated at night in any way. On the opposite side of the street is a Toyota dealer (would have been handy if we still had Toyota's!!). The Toyota dealer is lit up as bright as can be. But then on the opposite side of the road there is a dark, closed up church.

Is this they way it should be?

We proclaim Jesus as the light of the world - yet I am not too sure that this is being reflected by the church buildings all the time. Now, I know it's only a little thing, and by no means the most important, but it is something that has caught my attention today so I'm noting it down. There was a floodlight above the Red Shield on the front wall that faces the street, but it's not turned on. Perhaps there's a reason for this, perhaps there isn't. None the less, it's something that I am going to look into.

Should our buildings reflect Jesus as a light and be a welcoming place to others?

No comments: