Saturday, July 12, 2008

Life north of the border

Greetings from Sydney!!!

Anita and I drove to Sydney yesterday, in what was a very pleasant drive - albeit with toilet stops for a preggers sisters along the way!

Today we drove to Bondi Beach to mix with the famous and infamous - of which we saw none! I did enjoy a nice coffee though, and we made sure we walked along the beach. Much to Pete's disappointment though, I didn't take up the suggestion to get caught in a rip just so I could be on Bondi Rescue! If we had hung around until 2pm we could have met the start of said show though!

We headed off to Watson's Bay for lunch - to the famous Doyle's Fish 'n' Chips. I can remember coming here years ago with my Nana and Auntie. The place has great memories.

This evening we went to Hillsong Church. It was an interesting experience. Being told that God will look after our finances if we give to Him - because if he didn't look after our finances we wouldn't be able to give to the church which he wants us to do. I got a bit confused...and tuned out. One of the songs was great - was full of rich theology. Oh...and Anita shouted me a hot chocolate after the service - from the Gloria Jeans cart of course! I actually wished we were going to Hillsong tomorrow night, as Mike Pilavachi is preaching - that would be awesome!

Tomorrow we are going to Ryde Salvos, then hanging out with friends Craig & Danni - and meeting Judah. I am really looking froward to tomorrow. And best of all...I am relaxing!!!

So...I look forward to 20 degrees tomorrow in Syd - a tad warmer than July in the 'ville!

No comments: