Saturday, September 13, 2008

New ideas

I love new ideas, new was of thinking, improving the way things are.

I recently installed the latest version of MS Office, so I could use the new features (but also because I was still using 2000, and was getting frustrated with not being able to easily insert web clipart and edit etc.)

I created new letterhead and posters for Healesville Salvos.

I had a great meeting yesterday with a colleague who has given me some tools to help make a new idea happen at the Corps too.

We have tried to connect to the community in a new, or renewed way. From a school holiday program (or two now...have a dozen registrations in a few days all ready!), to a weekly meal, to an upcoming women's breakfast - which really excites me because it wasn't my idea - someone in the Corps saw a need and felt passionate about doing something about it! All I need to do is give them permission and it's off and running. How good is that!

Tomorrow we do something new again too - the regional girl guides are holding their church parade in our service. I get to lead a young person focused service - which I am excited about! So, enough blogging, off to buy some dog food, flour, umbrella, raincoat and a few other needed supplies.

This might be my last blog post if I am sacrificed tomorrow after the service...but it will be worth it!

No comments: