Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Sparks and smoke...

Yes...there were sparks and smoke at Healesville today!

I went into the storeroom by chance to see if there were any more flag stands or flag poles, and I could hear a buzzing sound.

I walked towards the hot water system and it was buzzing/crackling/making noises that it shouldn't! Then, I saw smoke...

Now, I was left with a choice - close the store room door, walk away, and pretend I saw nothing, or do the right thing, cut the power, and call an electician.

What did I choose...

Well, given that my brother's church had a fire recently, I think that if the Salvos burnt down the Mawson name would become synonomous with churching burning...so I cut the power, and have called an electrician.

As much as I want new carpet at the hall, this probably wasn't the way to get it!

No comments: