Wednesday, May 14, 2008

God breaks through...

God got to me today! I was chatting with a school chaplain, listening to some of the things God has been teaching him at the school. I am sure he didn't know it, but God was pulling me up as I listened to the chaplain shared - and the words cut right to the heart.

I've been so busy doing of late, that I really need to slow down and be. God will continue to work in the community whether I am there or not! It's not about hype or razzle-dazzle (now there's a word you don't hear enough!).

I need to continue to press into God - more than I have been doing. I need to rely less on myself, and more on God.
I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples. (John 15:5-8)
So thanks heaps God for speaking to me today through the chaplain. Help me to stay true to you and the commitments I have made. It's not about me.

No comments: