Monday, April 7, 2008

Advance Community Leadership @ Healesville High

Today was my first day with the year 10's doing Advance Community Leadership at Healesville High. It's been 11 years since I've been in year 10!

There are three requirements for the course:
1. Completion of a project with a community organisation
2. Completion of a First Aid Level 1 Certificate.
3. Research a leader of your choice and do either a presentation to the class or submission of an assignment on what you have discovered.

My part is working with some of the students on the project with a community organisation!

Some of the projects suggested today included breast cancer research, homelessness, breakfast program, road safety awareness, and animal cruelty.

I will be facilitating a group working on a before school breakfast program. I will know which students and how it might look in two weeks after the next class - we get next week off because of school sports.

It was a good day, and I am excited about the next twelve weeks! This is one of the reasons I wanted to work in Healesville, so I am glad I am able to get invovled in the local commununity.

Bring it on!!!

No comments: