Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I'm still here!

Life is ploughing ahead here in Healesville!

Have had an interesting week so far. I invited a homeless guy for lunch after church on Sunday - he just walked into the hall just before the meeting. I made the best mushroom and bacon risotto ever - so maybe God was please that I invited him back for lunch! (What kind of God-blessing-cooking theology is that!?!) The journey continues with this guy, and I guess it's what the Salvos are all about!

Everything else seems to be going full steam ahead. We had our first "UFO" craft morning today. UFO stands for "unfinished objects", which is when people bring those craft projects that have stashed away in the cupboards and all support each other as they finish them. Hopefully this initiative, spearheaded by Pam, will connect people to the church, and ultimately Jesus.

One bad note - 10 games in a row over the last 6 years, and still St Kilda refuses to let Carlton win! I have spent way to much on Shanksy's breakfasts... This year I came to the game prepared, and had a "make it yourself" breakfast muffin ready to hand over. Resigning to the fact of another loss before the game you might say - well, technically I owed Shansy one from last year, so it was going to be needed either way! While I didn't wear the scarf, I have put the logo up here for you Shanksy!

So there's another brief life in the 'ville update. Starting to settle into a bit of a routine now, but am really looking forward to getting my assignment in for Tabor and not having to drive "down the line"!

No comments: